Content - FreeCom 7000 Pilot Headset – Aviation Headset
FreeCom 7000 pilot headset
FreeCom 7000 is a professional in-ear pilot headset with boom microphone.
Designed for pilots who demand the very best money can buy, FreeCom 7000 features: ‘dynamic’ (active) level-dependent noise reduction (attenuation), adjustable ambient awareness, excellent speech intelligibility and crystal-clear voice transmission.
With its natural hearing approach, FreeCom 7000 allows the quick localization of sounds and is perfect for challenging varied-noise environments.
Suits: any flying situation (quiet or loud) in which natural hearing is required.
- Dynamic (active) hearing protection
- Natural hearing in quiet
- Custom molded ear shells (usable with FreeCom 3000 and 5000 aviation headsets)
- No sweating, itching or pressure around the head
A closer look at the FreeCom 7000’s technical specifications.
Single connectors XLR-5 / U174/U Twin connectors PJ055 / PJ068 Passive attenuation SNR = 24 dB (electronic attenuation switched Off) Level-dependent attenuation: criteria levels (noise exposure at which in-ear sound pressure first exceeds 85 dBA) High-frequency noise: 108 dB
Medium-frequency: 105 dB
Low-frequency: 99 dB
Microphone pattern cardioid Microphone max. sound pressure (@ 10% THD) 120dBA Microphone frequency range 500Hz – 4kHz Loudspeaker balanced armature DC bias voltage decoupled Max. loudspeaker sound pressure 117dB Loudspeaker sensitivity 650mV RMS @ 1Pa Loudspeaker current consumption 2mA @ 1Pa Loudspeaker frequency range 500Hz – 4.4kHz Impedance DCR 378 Ω Power sources Communication: aircraft audio panel (no batteries)
Dynamic hearing protection & ambient awareness: x1 AAA battery
Voltage 4 - 20 V Weight 75 g / 2.64 oz Storage temperature -20°C to +60°C Operational temperature -20°C to +60°C
How To Buy
To buy FreeCom 7000
Find your nearest FreeCom dealer:
- Download this Point-of-Sales List (PDF) or
- See our Dealers page (check Aviation is written in green under the dealer's name)
No dealer in your country? Choose another country; most dealers can help you buy online or over the phone.
To get your custom eShells
1. Take the Voucher and Quality Check Guide documents (supplied in the FreeCom box) to your nearest hearing care profesionnal and ask him/her to take your ear impressions (this takes 5-10 minutes). Find your nearest professional here.
2. Mail your ear impressions back to your FreeCom dealer using the packaging provided.
3. When your shells are ready (1-2 weeks) your dealer will contact you directly.
Still have questions? Don’t hesitate to drop us a mail.