Content - FreeCom 5000 Pilot Headset – Aviation Headset
FreeCom 5000 pilot headset
FreeCom 5000 is a professional in-ear pilot headset with boom mic that uses passive (static) hearing protection technology to reduce (or 'attenuate') the amount of surrounding noise you hear.
Designed for pilots who operate in continuous loud noise, this reliable and ultra-light headset includes two custom-molded in-ear shells for day-long comfort and features Phonak's acclaimed audio performance.
Suits: noisy aircraft in which constant noise attenuation (reduction) is required, such as jets and propeller-powered aircraft.
- Passive (static-level) hearing protection
- Excellent audio quality
- Custom molded ear shells (usable with FreeCom 3000 and 7000 aviation headsets)
- No sweating, itching or pressure around the head
A closer look at the FreeCom 5000’s technical specifications.
Single connectors XLR-5 / U174/U Twin connectors PJ055 / PJ068 Attenuation filter +28 dB SNR Microphone pattern cardioid Microphone max. sound pressure (@ 10% THD) 120dBA Microphone frequency range 500Hz – 4kHz Loudspeaker balanced armature DC bias voltage decoupled Max. loudspeaker sound pressure 117dB Loudspeaker sensitivity 650mV RMS @ 1Pa Loudspeaker current consumption 2mA @ 1Pa Loudspeaker frequency range 500Hz – 4.4kHz Impedance DCR 378 Ω Maximum passive noise attenuation 31dB at high-frequency Power source aircraft audio panel (no batteries) Voltage 4 - 20 V Weight 22 g / 0.78 oz Storage temperature -20°C to +60°C Operational temperature -20°C to +60°C
How To Buy
To buy FreeCom 5000
Find your nearest FreeCom dealer:
- Download this Point-of-Sales List (PDF) or
- See our Dealers page (check Aviation is written in green under the dealer's name)
No dealer in your country? Choose another country; most dealers can help you buy online or over the phone.
To get your custom eShells
1. Take the Voucher and Quality Check Guide documents (supplied in the FreeCom box) to your nearest hearing care profesionnal and ask him/her to take your ear impressions (this takes 5-10 minutes). Find your nearest professional here.
2. Mail your ear impressions back to your FreeCom dealer using the packaging provided.
3. When your shells are ready (1-2 weeks) your dealer will contact you directly.
Still have questions? Don’t hesitate to drop us a mail.